Monday, March 26, 2012

Hello everyone, especially trail enthusiasts! From time to time, I will be sharing my experiences of surfing waves, and sharing these waves with dolphins, seals, pelicans, and the occasional shark. What's interesting, is that I surf a spot that is just a mile from one of the most crowded and heavily surfed areas in California; yet, I get these waves all to myself. Sure, there are occasional surfers in the lineup, but I would guess that I surf trails alone, 50% of the time.

Last Wed., March 21, and Thursday March 22, I surfed 2-4ft peaky waves with just a couple of guys out. And we're talking 500 yards in either direction, so even with a dozen guys in the water, it never seems crowded. Add to this, the fact that 70-80% of the surfers that surf trails are beginners; well, you will always get your waves, and you get to help out people that are just learning how to surf. Just watch out for the reef/rocks.


I will upload images from time to time, especially the surf, featuring waves, surfers riding waves, and sea life. It's a rustic place, feels like Mexico, but the 5 Frwy is just 1/4mile away. Ahh, but you can't hear the freeway, see the freeway or the parking lot; so no cars to clutter the view of the cliffs, and as I said before, relatively few people in the water. As a matter of fact, I usually see more dogs with their owners than I see surfers.

Well, I just wanted to start writing about my spot, sometimes referred to as Lloyd's spot. More on that later. Feel free to leave comments or suggestions. I'm a newbie at this, so I could use any advice or help offered. I have no idea, at this point, how to get the word out, but I guess I will start with facebook.

Adios and Via Con Dios,

Scooter Surfs


No comments:

Post a Comment